A beautiful smile can greatly improve your self-esteem. However, several dental issues, such as cavities, stains, and discoloration, can hinder your smile from looking its best. If you are not happy with the appearance of your smile and are looking for the best place to address your dental issues, visit Fulton Dental for the best cosmetic dentistry treatment in Birmingham, AL.
What Are The Cosmetic Dental Procedures In Birmingham, AL?
A cosmetic dentist in Birmingham, AL, can perform a wide variety of procedures to help patients improve their smile and overall dental health. Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges, bonding, tooth contouring, and gum reshaping. All of these treatments help improve the appearance of a smile as well as prevent future damage to teeth and gums. Many patients who visit the dentist for one of these procedures are dealing with discolored teeth due to medications or certain food and drink items. Others are looking to fix minor damage, such as a chipped or broken tooth. No matter what the needs of the patient are, our cosmetic dentist in Birmingham, AL, can address and repair them with ease. Patients can visit their dentist to discuss what types of treatments are right for them. They can also request an appointment to find out if they are an ideal candidate for a certain procedure. An exam and x-rays can help determine what a patient’s next steps will be in terms of changing the look of their smile.
When it comes to improving the overall appearance of your smile, there are a number of different procedures available for patients to choose from. Here are some of them:
- Teeth whitening: One of the most common is teeth whitening. Whitening can be done at home with a kit that you can purchase from your dentist’s office or in-office whitening with a stronger solution. In-office whitening by the cosmetic Dentist In Birmingham, AL, is more effective to eliminate tough stains and discoloration.
- Some patients prefer to do both in order to whiten their teeth to their ideal shade.
- Veneers: Veneers are another great option for those looking to make a major change to their appearance. Dental veneers are a great way to fix small cosmetic chips, cracks, and stains on your teeth that don’t require a dental crown. Veneers are also a good way to change the shape of teeth or make them look longer. Veneers are placed over the front of the teeth to correct issues such as discoloration and misshapen teeth. These thin pieces of porcelain go over the natural teeth and are bonded in place to ensure the longevity of the procedure.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is a type of cosmetic dentistry treatment offered by the cosmetic dentist in Birmingham, AL, that is commonly used for cosmetic purposes. The composite resin is color-matched to your teeth, so it blends in with your natural smile. It is applied to the front surface of the tooth and then shaped and polished to look like a natural tooth surface. The material bonds with the tooth and requires less preparation of the tooth than veneers do. For this reason, it is one of the most affordable cosmetic treatments available. It is also a conservative option since less of the natural tooth structure is removed when placing the material on the tooth.
- Crowns and bridges: Crowns and bridges are used to restore a tooth that has been severely damaged due to disease or injury. The crown fits over the part of the tooth that is above the gum line, while the bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Both are made of porcelain material and blend in seamlessly with the surrounding natural teeth.
- Dental implants: If you are missing one or more teeth, the best solution is to replace them with dental implants. These can be used to replace one tooth, several teeth, or all of the teeth. The dental implant is surgically placed in the jawbone and provides a strong foundation for permanent replacement teeth to be placed on. Since they are permanently attached to the bone, patients don’t have to worry about taking them out at night and being cautious about damaging them. They look and act just like natural teeth do, so no one will have to know that you have them.
In addition to those treatment options, the cosmetic dentist in Birmingham, AL, can also provide patients with Invisalign® invisible braces. This treatment option uses clear aligners to straighten the teeth rather than traditional metal brackets and wires. This treatment is popular among older patients who have busy schedules and don’t want to deal with the appearance of braces.